Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 12: SNOW DAY!

Even though I absolutely loved yesterday, it completely wore me out, and I was super excited when I checked base's Facebook page right after finishing yesterday's entry, and found out that base was closed today! YAY!

I swiftly proceeded to turn off my alarm, and planned to have a nice snooze all morning long.  Unfortunately, my body, and Peaches, decided that it was time to wake up around 8:30....which is still a whole lot better than waking up at 7, but not the snooze-fest I was hoping for. 

So, I opened my laptop, turned on Facebook and Skype, and waited for Kent to get online.  When he finally did, I was pleasantly surprised when he told me to video call him on skype! He's finally at his FOB, and they have computers there that he can use that have webcams...so YAY! I got to see his handsome face again! Good times. Unfortunately, he didn't know that the webcams provided don't have built-in mics, like ours do, and so I couldn't hear him the whole time.  It was better, cuz I could see his reactions, but I can't wait for tonight, because he's gonna have a mic this time, and I'll be able to see him AND hear him.

So, today, I didn't do very much, but I did get a few important things done:
1. Ate Lunch (cereal!!)
2.Got the mail, after trudging down my slippery, snow-covered driveway to get to the mailbox.
3. Called Cable One (That's right, in Kirksville)
4. Called FedLoan and complained about the recent bill that I got for Kent's Loans, only to be reassured that it was a mail mix-up.
5. Ate popcorn and watched Definitely, Maybe on Oxygen
6. Deposited a check into our USAA account to pay for Kent's truck loan.

and now, I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner....hmmmm... oh well.
Then, I get to wait for the hubby to get online, so we can finally chat face-to-face!

In the meantime, I would like to put a prayer request out there for a friend of mine. Her name is Sarah, and her mom recently passed away, and she is definitely in need of prayers for peace in this trying time.  My heart goes out to her and her family tonight. I love you Sarah!

That's all for now...
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment