Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 15: Healthcare?

Today, I decided not to call in to see if I could do more observation hours, so that I could get some stuff done. Also, I REALLY wanted to keep sleeping. LOL.

But, I made sure that I used my time off today. First, I tried to get a hold of my Primary Care Doctor (PCM) in order to get an appointment to get my referrals for my two eye doctors I have found down here.  This system is way too complex, in my opinion. When I called, however, the receptionist informed me that they don't take Tricare Prime. After getting off the phone, throwing a hissy fit, and scaring the bejeezus out of Peaches, I pulled myself together, and headed on base.  Once there, I went to the post office and picked up some flat rate boxes, and went to the Tricare Office to find out what I should next.

Thankfully, the lady who works in that office is an angel, and instantly knew how to solve my problem.  Turns out my former PCM is no longer accepting Tricare, so I just simply had to find another doctor in town (from a list) and make sure that I could get an appointment before next week in order to get the proper referrals. I had to fill out some paperwork, and only had to call 2 different doctors, before I found someone who could see me tomorrow morning! YAY! So, now I have a new PCM, and hopefully everything will just fall into place from here.

Therefore, I felt very accomplished.

On the Peaches front, I was sitting in the living room this evening, when I heard some very strange noises coming from the kitchen.  It sounded like Peaches was in pain or something, so I rushed in there to see what was going on, and discovered Peaches in the defense position (Sideways, tail poofed, head forward, etc.) and staring intensely at the rear sliding-glass door.  When I opened the curtain to see what was out there, I didn't see anything, but I found her doing the same thing a couple more times as the night progressed.  I'm not sure if there's a neighborhood cat that was giving her trouble, or a dog, or even a raccoon, but something certainly had my baby pretty spooked. Not to mention myself!

All in all, today was frustrating, yet satisfying at the same time.
I can't wait to send out Kent's package in the next couple days. First, I have to pick a type of cookie to send him...
Let's see how long this good mood can last, shall we?
Much love!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment