Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 22: Icky

I feel really icky today. I woke up at 11:00 and felt just absolutely awful. My throat still feels super bad, and my cough has gotten worse than in weeks past. I'm hoping that tomorrow I don't feel even worse, but it is still a possibility.
Needless to say, I did not call in to work to see if I could get some hours today. I just felt too awful, and thankfully they didn't call me either. We'll see if they call me tomorrow, but I think if I still feel this bad when I wake up, that I'm not going to call either. I need to take a few days and take care of myself. I feel like this cold (or whatever it is) has been around since before Kent left, and that's a problem. I still don't have a fever, but a sickness that lasts almost a month is just frustrating.

Also, Peaches wasn't feeling very well today either. Poor kitty. She was napping with me all morning, and then in the afternoon, she got up and jumped down to the ground, and proceeded to throw up on my bedroom carpeting. I felt so awful. She's never thrown up or had a hairball that I've been aware of, and it just scared me. This is mostly because my cat that I had growing up *she passed away this summer...* :(, Molly, would throw up almost every day, and it was heart-wrenching to see her just start to waste away towards the end of her life. So, anyway, a cat throwing up is just really scary to me.

So, anyway, I cleaned it up, and she hasn't thrown up again today, so I'm just wondering if maybe she just ate something that she wasn't supposed to, or if the new wet food that I got her yesterday didn't agree with her stomach or what.  I'm just going to keep an eye on her, and hope that today was just a fluke. *fingers crossed*

But, in the good news department, I got my W-2 forms in the mail from Kohl's today, and I get a whole 6 dollars back in federal taxes! wahoo!!
annd I got my new coat in the mail that my mom bought for me on LandsEnd.com and I love it! It's super cute, and grown-up looking, and warm. Awesome belated Christmas gift! Thanks mom!
Also, I got another belated christmas gift in the mail today from my BFE (bestest friend ever), Valerie, and I'm super stoked about it. She knit me a super cute slouchy hat, and I can't wait to wear it and look all artsy and stuff. Thank you Val! Your present is on it's way up to you! Promise!

So, all in all, as far as missing Kent, today wasn't TOO awful. Because I was home sick, I was able to talk to him this morning, AND the mic worked on his end, and so that was a nice surprise, and I got to talk to him very briefly this evening again, but he had to go early and greet someone or something. Who knows.
It was just a day full of cough drops, medicine, and tissues. Super Sexy!!
much love!
-Jessica
P.S. To all of my friends and family in the Midwest right now, please be careful in this snow-pocalypse, as they're calling it. Take it easy, and enjoy your time off! *unless you go to Truman, and in that case, have fun in class :P

No comments:

Post a Comment