Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 13: Uphill Battle

So, this morning, my day started out wonderfully.  I woke up to the sound of my hubby calling me on Skype, which was awesome, especially because the computer that Kent chose to call me from actually had a MIC that WORKED! So, I was finally able to TALK to him, and hear his voice again, which was amazing.  After our talk, I was certain that today was going to be a good one.

*sigh*
I was mistaken.  Today was a constant battle with Peaches, and with myself.  I was awful about snacking, and Peaches was so obnoxious! She almost broke our DirectTV receiver, and I about lost my mind! I was certainly out of patience for her today!
After vegging out on the couch while watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for about 6 hours or so, it was time to decide what to watch this evening.  I was already watching Oxygen, and they were playing The Notebook, which I knew would just make me cry hysterically, but I decided that I was strong enough today. I love that movie, and it had been such a long time since I had watched it.  (mostly because after the first time I watched it, I decided it was only to be viewed if I needed a good cry). 
ANYWAY, I watched it.  And I cried for most of the movie, and then for another 15 minutes after the movie ended...mistake.

I'm just such a sucker for a love story, and The Notebook is just such a GREAT love story.  I think the part that really got me this time was (for those of you who have seen it) when they're sitting in the lawn of the retirement home, and their children are trying to tell Noah to come home with them, and he says, "That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is." It BROKE my heart into a million pieces.  To think of my life 60-70 years from now, I can only hope and dream that Kent would be there, saying the same things about me to our future children.  Okay, now I'm just getting myself all worked up again.

Anywho, tomorrow, I'm supposed to make myself go out and try this other Lutheran church in town that I've been looking at, but I hate trying new things... especially by myself.
PLUS, they sent me a program from last week's service, and they look WAY too traditional for me.  I don't know. I guess we'll just see what time I wake up in the morning, and how I feel when I DO wake up.

Okay, Peaches is being mean again. I need to go yell at her.
Much love to all!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment