Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 88: Do Budgets Really Have to be THIS Difficult?

Well hopefully by this time tomorrow, Congress will have reached a decision about the budget. I don't know what we will do if the government is shut down. Not only will I be out of a job, but my husband won't be paid until the shutdown is over. Yes, he will eventually get paid for that time, but it will all be in back pay. I'm just hoping that if the shutdown happens, that it won't be for very long...that's all I really have to say about that. If I talk about it too much, I just get angry.

Um, today was pretty good, considering the shutdown was looming over our heads all day. I was able to go to the tax center after work and get our taxes e-filed, which is a HUGE weight off of my shoulders. Just one more thing that I can check off my ever-growing to-do list.
Also, time seems to be going fairly quickly still, which is very reassuring. I just can't wait for this deployment to be over. It's crazy to think about how much has happened in the last 88 days! I am in a complete different place than I was back in January: financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually, and everything in between.
Now I have to start wondering if the communication that Kent and I have maintained during this time has been enough to be able to mesh back together once he gets home.
I don't know, I'm guess I'm beginning to brace myself for the next stage: Reintegration!!!

Okay.
I'm going to sleep.
Tomorrow might just be my last day of work for quite a while...
we'll see.
Please pray that Congress can reach a decision, and give thanks that I've made it this far without cracking!
Much love!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment