Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 24: Sooo tired

I don't know how long this post will be, because I am just absolutely exhausted after the day that I had today.

After talking to the hubby this morning, I got to work around 12:30, and as soon as I clocked in, my boss asked if I would be willing to go and work at the CD Home tonight from 5pm-8:30pm after I got off work at 5. The CD Home is a part of the Child and Youth Services Program, but it is open for a longer period of time, and it is more geared for parents with non-traditional work schedules, such as night guards and nurses.  Well, I agreed, because I was feeling pretty good, and I hadn't been to the CD Home yet, and I was naive to the stresses of the day ahead of me.

As soon as I walked into the infant room, I knew I had made a mistake.  Today was just one of those days that every child and every baby were just not in a good mood. Every single one of them was just cranky, and fussy, and out of control! I had a full-blown headache within just a half an hour.  After 4 and a half hours of screaming and tears, I headed across base to the CD Home, hoping for a more relaxed set of kids.

I was instead greeted by more screaming, running, fighting, and chaos than the mayhem I had just left.  By 8:30, I was completely spent. I dragged myself home, fixed myself a pot pie, and fed the cat, who was worried sick about where I'd been all day long.  Then, I settled into bed and waited by my laptop until my sweetheart got online, and helped bring me back to reality.  I feel like I lost my brain. I'm so exhausted, both mentally and physically. 
Now, I'm gonna pass out so I can get up and go to the eye doctor in the morning before work.
Love to all!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment