Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 32: Digging my way out

Well, the snow storm ended over last night, so this morning I had to dig my way out of my driveway. We ended up getting like 6 inches of snow, so shoveling my drive was quite the task. Made me wish that Kent was here, so I could just have him do the work for me.

But, I also feel like I'm beginning to dig myself out of the rut that I've been in lately. It's hard getting used to doing everything on my own, but I'm getting to the point where I'm ok going grocery shopping alone, in fact, I think I might prefer it, until I get home, and I have to take all of my groceries in myself.....
I'm getting to the point where I don't just randomly start crying, which is good. I mean, things still make me cry, but it's not as sporadic as it was in the beginning.
Although, sometimes at work, when the babies are all screaming and crying, I kind of want to scream and cry too...
It's probably good that I don't have babies of my own, they would just make me cry all the time...

Work was slow today. Not many kids were there. But, it was a good thing. We got to catch up on some much needed cleaning, and the kids that DID show up were quite a handful. We had a lot of stealing of toys, and pushing, and one poor girl tripped, and hit the front of her head, and then got pushed to the ground by another child, and hit the back of her head. It was a mess.

When I got home, I was happy that I had spent so much time shoveling earlier in the day, because the sun had melted the rest of the snow, and my driveway was dry and clean!

Well, I'm off to bed. I'm supposed to get up early and go on base for a Furniture Donation Event to get some free furniture. It starts at 7:30, but I'm pretty sure that people will start lining up way before that, so I don't know....
We'll just have to see what my body tells me tomorrow morning. LOL
Ok, Bedtime!

Much love
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment