Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 33: All wore out

Today was exhausting.
I got up at 7am and drove to base for the free furniture donation event. And oh my goodness! It was CRAZY!!! I got to the event at 7:30, right when it was scheduled to begin, and there were already like 30-40 cars in front of me (if not MORE), and I sat in my car, in line until 9!! At 9, when I finally got to the weigh in station, they weighed my car empty and gave me a slip of paper with instructions, and I drove around the back of the building, to yet another line! But the frustrating thing was that NO ONE was listening to the process. NO ONE! We were told to go to the back parking lot and park, and then WALK over to the furniture area, and grab the tags of the items we wanted, and then go get our cars and return to the furniture area to load up. WELL, everyone decided that it was a better idea just to cram as many cars into that area as was possible. This caused the loading area to no longer look like a nice uniform line, but a mass chaos of cars, snow, and confused people.

I just wish that people would pay attention to the signs, and do what they're supposed to, instead of simply doing as they please! ANNOYING
So, anyway, I go park in the parking lot, and walk around and in between about 15 cars to get to the furniture barn, and found that the only things left were short lunch tables, and giant rectangular, obnoxiously large, things that they were calling entertainment centers. I would have probably called them bookcases on steroids, but that's just me.... so I left empty-handed. I was in the market for normal-sized bookcases, maybe a 3-drawer dresser, and a kitchen play set (for preschool back in stl)....I didn't even have the patience to look through all of the books.
But, through all that, I'm still glad I went. I feel better that I tried, and failed. I would have been upset with myself if I would've just slept in like I wanted to . Plus, I was able to get out of there in time to be able to talk to Kent!
After my morning Skype session, it was off to work.  And BOY did I have a DAY at work. It was one of those days where we had a TON of kids, and pretty much every single one of them was not having a good day. At one point, we had eight pre-tods, ALL of whom were screaming at the top of their lungs for one reason or another. Most of them were crying because they were tired, but refused to lay down and take a nap...Believe me, I would have jumped at the chance to take a nap today.

On my way home from work, I remembered that today was our FRG meeting at 6.. Thankfully I remembered before I got off-base! So, I turned around, and head back to the Family Resource Center. An hour and a half later, it was FINALLY time to go home.

Ok, my eyes hurt. It's time for bed. I'm SOOOO happy that tomorrow is Saturday. I'm so ready for this weekend.
Gnight all!

1 comment: