Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 27: Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig!

Currently, I'm sitting in my Grandma's kitchen, waiting for my Kent to get online, so that we can all skype with him tonight.  It has been quite a day, if I do say so myself.
I left this morning at 5:45am, which is ridiculous! When I left, it was just raining, and as I got closer and closer to Saint Louis, the snow and ice got worse and worse. I finally had to give up and pull off the highway in Ina, Illinois at a truck stop for about an hour, and wait out the storm. I was so frustrated because I was so torn with whether or not to turn around. By that point, I was over halfway home, so turning around would take longer than continuing home, but I was afraid of what was going to be around the next corner, weather-wise.

But, when I got back on the road, it was much better. The plows had been through, and the sun was starting to shine, so the snow was already beginning to melt. Much better than before I stopped. I finally got to my parents' house at about 11:30, exhausted and completely relieved.

This evening, my parents and I headed out to my mom's parents' house for dinner and visiting, and we decided not to tell the grandparents that I had decided to come home.  So, it was nice to surprise them when I showed up at their house unannounced.

After dinner, we played a rousing game of Scrabble. ANND I WON! I love winning. lol.
Good times.
Now we just have to sit and wait for Kent to get online. I don't want to miss talking to him like I missed him this morning. :(
Can't wait to sleep tonight.

Much love from the STL!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment