Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 56: Another Sick Day...

...has come and gone.
I was really upset when I woke up this morning at 7am to get ready for church, and I was still sick as a dog. So, I reluctantly crawled back into bed and slept until Kent called me on Skype. Which made me a bit happier. Annnd just like the last couple of days, I spent all day watching television, and then watched a couple hours of Army Wives. I'm on the second season now, and every episode still makes me cry. I was hoping that it would get easier to watch as the seasons wore on, but no, it's still very emotional, every episode. Thankfully, some of the crying has been happy crying!
Then it came time for supper, and as I reached into my freezer to grab my last frozen dinner, I saw the frozen chicken breasts on the bottom shelf and got inspired. So, instead of another terrible microwave meal, I decided to make chicken alfredo with broccoli.  I didn't have any fettuccine noodles, so I used egg noodles instead, and I used a jar of Classico Alfredo sauce as my sauce (although I added some garlic and Parmesan Herb seasoning to the chicken, and pepper and seasoning salt to the sauce). It actually turned out to be better than I expected it to be. I was quite proud of myself.
Here's a picture of my creation:


I was also elated to find out that I had made too much, so I saved the other half for one of these days this week that I get home from work and I'm not in the mood to do any cooking. YAY for leftovers!

But anyway. That's about the biggest excitement I had today. Also, I was able to cook a meal on my stove without setting off my smoke alarm. (which, for some reason, is located INSIDE my kitchen...completely inconvenient.
Ok.
Love to all!
-Jessica

1 comment:

  1. We lived in an apartment that had a smoke alarm right outside the bathroom door. A hot shower would set it off. That was pretty inconvenient, too..

    ReplyDelete