Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 63: I'm on a roll now!

Another great day today. I was unfortunately unable to awake from my coma this morning to go to church, so that wasn't all that good, but it was really nice to sleep in, so I can't complain. Remembered that there is no such thing as daylight savings time in Afghanistan, so talked to my hubby an hour later than usual, and then watched Legally Blonde while I awaited the arrival of my parents. 
They got here around 3, and we sat around and talked for about an hour or so before we ventured out to get some groceries for the week. We went down to Walmart, and I bought myself my first charcoal grill!! I'm so excited! It was only $35, so if it breaks, or gets stolen, it won't be the end of the world, but it's actually pretty nice, too. It has a shelf on the side of it that lifts up, so you can put the meat or a pan of sauce right there. And, it's got places to hang utensils, etc. I'm just way too excited about this grill. Hopefully one of these days this week is nice enough that we can go outside and grill up the steaks and hot dogs we got! Yay for spring!

Hopefully, my schedule works out this week so that I don't have to work everyday at the same time, but as of right now, I have NO idea what my schedule is. I'm assuming that tomorrow I'm supposed to be there from 1-5, since that's been my normal schedule, so that's my plan unless I get a call that tells me something else. Who knows, really? I guess it's good that my parents and I haven't made any concrete plans for their visit, because then not knowing my schedule would be more of a problem. But, really, I would be perfectly happy just sitting around each night, watching some tv, and eating good food. I'm so excited for this week.

Tonight, mom fixed Taco Salad, and it was sooo good. It doesn't get much better than eating the food that I grew up with...except if Kent were here to enjoy it with me...but, so is life. He will be leaving that awful place in one month and about a week! I'm so ecstatic! When I think about the rest of the deployment in those terms, it makes things seem so much easier. It feels like he's going to be here in a matter of 2 weeks or so. It's a challenge not to get too excited too early!
Anyway, I'm going to stop for tonight. I've got to get to sleep in case my lead calls me in at 8 o'clock in the morning. GAHH!
Night all!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment