Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 81: Another Month Down

Happy last day of March everyone!
I'm so happy that this month is finally over! Now, we're in the home stretch with this deployment, and my anxiety is through the roof. Every day is already feeling longer than the previous day, and I'm hoping that this last month doesn't just drag on forever.
Today was pretty good though. I left the house early to go on post and get the t-shirts that Kent has been requesting for a while from his Battalion.  But first, I had to get gas, because my light came on as I drove onto post, and then I had to swing by the post office to mail off a bundle of eye bills. But, I finally got to Kent's battalion, and I got up to the door, only to discover that their lunch break had already started...sigh...I was so upset. Then I had an awkward half hour to kill before I needed to be at work, so I took the opportunity to scope out the parking lot behind battalion that we're supposed to park in after the welcome home ceremony. During all of the briefings, I was trying to figure out which parking area they were talking about, so I had to investigate it before the excitement of that day made me unable to navigate around post. lol.

So, after finding the parking lot, I took my sweet time driving back across post to work...I let EVERYONE cross the street in front of me, etc, but I still got to work 20 minutes early. So, I sat in my car, and listened to my iPod, while playing solitaire on said iPod. I feel kind of lame, but it was nice to just sit and jam out to some music for once.

Then, I finally went into work, and today was pretty good. A lot of our screamers canceled today, which was a relief, and by 4:30, we only had four pre-toddlers left. Just a nice, relaxed day, which was perfect.

Now, I have to figure out what April Fool's joke I'm going to play on my co-workers tomorrow...
hmmm, so many choices. Any suggestions?

Well, good night everyone! Hope you all had better March's than I did.
-Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Haha, love that you scoped out the parking lot already, but don't worry, if it's anything like Alex's homecoming there will be balloons and signs EVERYWHERE! It would be impossible to miss!

    ReplyDelete