Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 72: Spring=Allergies

I'm so happy that spring has finally arrived! The weather today was absolutely gorgeous, and I took advantage of the weather as much as I could.
So, I kept my windows rolled down, opened up my sunroof, and blasted my ipod on my way to work, as well as on the way to Walmart after work, and then on the way home. Good times.

Although, the coming of spring also means that my allergies are returning as well. I can feel my sinuses slowly swelling up, and getting more sore each day. I dread the day that I will wake up with another sinus headache that knocks me right on my tuches. But it's okay, because spring also means that my hubby is almost home!! yay!! I'll gladly take an allergy attack head on if it means that he would be home sooner. :)

Oh, and I think I've finally figured out why Peaches is so fixated on the back sliding glass door in my kitchen in the dark. Tonight, I heard a cat wailing outside my house, and it sounded really close. I was in the bedroom, and once I saw that Peaches was hiding under my bed, and not the one making all the noise, I ventured out the kitchen to investigate. When I flipped the back porch light on, I saw a very matted, sickly looking orange cat, standing on my back porch, making a horrible noise over and over again. So, completely freaked out, I banged on the door and yelled "Get!" real loud, and it ran away, thankfully....
Then, still freaked out, I decided to go and get my phone and call my mom. While on the phone with her, I went back into the kitchen, turned the back light on again, and saw ANOTHER cat on my back porch. This time it was a black and white cat, that looked like it was much better taken care of. I think the first cat was definitely a stray, but this one looked like it could be a neighbor's cat. So, I scared that one away too.
I don't know if they can tell that Peaches is here, or if those are the cats that Peaches has been growling at in past weeks, or what. I just know that it definitely got my heart pounding, and that I instantly turned into a very protective Cat-Mommy.
Anyway. Sleep is calling me.
G'night all!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment