Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 65: A Pleasant Surprise

Well, I received a pleasant surprise today! I was given tomorrow off from work, so that I can spend some quality time with my parents while they're here! I was definitely not really expecting to get an entire day off of work this week, so I was super happy to find that out today. Yay!
Unfortunately, I still have to go on post for our Brigade's Reintegration Briefing at 9am, and go into work to fill out some online survey, but after that, my parents and I are going to have the whole day to do whatever we want. I have no idea what we're going to end up doing, but I know that whatever we decide, it will be awesome.


Anyway. My day was pretty good. I went to work for all of 3 hours and 10 minutes, since this week, I've apparently been given the lovely privilege of leaving early each day! YAY!!! I love it when bosses understand that your personal life is important too. It gives me hope that I'll be able to spend a lot of time with my man when he gets back this spring!!
Then, when I got home, my parents made Hamburger Stroganoff, which is one of my absolute favorites, and my dad got to experience the reason that I hate my stove sometimes. For some reason, it takes my stove over 30 minutes just to get a pot of water to start boiling! It's so frustrating, and I was glad that my dad got upset about it too, because that means that it's not just me that thinks it takes entirely too long. At least I know that I'm not completely crazy.
lol.
Then it was time for a new episode of Glee, which of course, did NOT disappoint! I was a little afraid of the fact that they were going to be doing original songs, because one of my favorite parts of Glee is their covers of both mainstream, popular music and broadway songs.  But I was definitely impressed by the new songs of tonight. The two that they sang at Regionals are definitely destined to be on the Top 40 by the end of the week. Hopefully Glee will continue to impress me when it returns in April, because it's always the highlight of my week. Wonderful television.
Also, my mom made Cherry Dump Cake tonight for dessert, and it was SOOO good. I'm so glad that we have a bunch leftover too, so we can keep eating it the rest of the week. :) Great times! Plus, now I know how to make it on my own, so I can bring it to potluck functions, etc. Super yummy, yummy!
Well, I'm off to bed so that I can wake up early and go to the Reintegration Briefing. Hopefully this one will give me more information....doubtful....
Ok. Much love to all!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment