Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 71: Trust equals Faith

So, today was better than I thought it would be. I started my monday by being woken up by my wonderful husband calling me on Skype. Which is totally one of my favorite things now. Yay Yay! Best wake up call.

Well, our talk on Skype made my Monday start off right. Which I very much appreciated. So, after some lunch and a really wonderful shower, I was off to work. Work was pretty good, and the babies were all mostly in a pretty good mood, except towards the end of the day, but that's to be expected, I think. By the end of the day (5pm) we had 3 out of 4 of our children asleep. lol. The beauty of the bouncy seats and all the magic that they possess.
I'm glad that I have a job, because I really don't know what I would have done this week if I didn't have somewhere that I HAD to be. Probably would have spent today in my pj's, eating Lindor Truffles and popcorn, and watching sad movies or something. But, thankfully, I have a job where I get the privilege to work with some amazing little infants and pre-toddlers. I like to think that I'm making a difference in not only their parents' lives, but in the children's lives as well.  I don't know. I get a little mushy when I talk about my kiddos, and I haven't even really been working all that long.
I guess I just really appreciate the way that the babies look at the world. Everything is amazing to them. Bubbles can entertain them for hours, and no matter how many times they go down that little slide in the classroom, it's just as exciting as the time before.  I just really love to witness their innate innocence, and experience the amazing trust that they give to anyone who is willing to give them a bottle or rock them to sleep.
Which brings me to the sermon that the pastor gave yesterday in church.  He spoke of the undeniable trust that infants possess just naturally, and that we must look at faith in the same way. It's not about trying to base our faith on understanding the scriptures, etc, but faith is based solely upon trust. Trust in the Lord that he will be there for us. I think that this message is part of what is getting me through this difficult time in my life. I'm just trying to remember that God has a plan, and that I have to trust that he will see it through.

Anyway. I'm feeling better, and I think that losing my aunt is actually helping to strengthen my relationship with the Lord, which to me, is ironic, because my aunt was also my godmother. Even in death, she is helping to  guide me on my spiritual path. I'm hoping that this will be just the push that I need to get my relationship with God going in the right direction again.

Ok. So, goodnight to all. Thank you all so much for all of your kind words and thoughtful prayers in this trying time.
Love to all!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment