Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 58: I have an identity

That's right. I'm now an official card-carrying governmental employee. I went in early today and got my CAC card, so now when I have to take a test as part of my training, I can just stick my card into the card reader on the computer, and my information is automatically pulled up. SWEET! All in all, it was a pretty good day. I got to talk to to Kent this morning, even though the connection was pretty bad, and the sound didn't work, but still, it was good to get to talk to him before heading out for the day.  Went to work, and didn't realize until about 2 that I had forgotten to eat both breakfast AND lunch...*sigh*...fail.
So, I had snack with the children, and then ate a bunch of Cheez-its on my break. HAHA. Apparently, in my mind, Cheez-its equal lunch. Whatever.
After snack, it was strange. We ended up not having ANY infants after that. They all went home, and no more came in. We just had a room full of pre-toddlers, and BOY were they a busy bunch! We had two boys that decided to gang up on the other children, and they kind of turned into the Bruiser Brothers. It was quite a crazy afternoon. Now, I am completely exhausted, and sore in all kinds of places. 
It's a little nuts to me sometimes that I work every single day. While I appreciate the hours that I'm getting because it's keeping me busy and I'm earning money, sometimes I just think that just 2 days off per week isn't enough some weeks. I don't know.
I'm really hoping that I can get some days off from work next week so I can spend time with my folks while they're here, but I'm not really sure how easy that's going to be...I feel like if I don't show up, I'm being selfish or something. I don't know. I guess I'll just have to talk to my room lead tomorrow while I'm there, and see if I can reduce my hours just for next week.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK.
I'm tired. soo bedtime.
Love to all!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment