Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 60: Dealing with a Dirty House

Ugh, I have so much to do in the next couple days.
I finally washed the dishes in that were filling up my kitchen sink tonight, and cleaned out my microwave, which was covered in butter from all of the microwave popcorn that I eat. hehehe. So, I'm really proud of that, because I've been ignoring them for quite some time now... And, tomorrow after work, I'm planning on going out and getting myself a tablecloth for my kitchen table, so my kitchen will hopefully look more grown up!! Then I still need to clean up the living room, man cave, and my room, which is a complete mess. (surprise, surprise!)
Today was quite a long day, if I do say so myself.
Went in to work at noon, but I left a little early, because I wanted to swing by the Shoppette first, and fill my back passenger-side tire with air. I had a note on my driver-side window last night after work that said, "Your rear passenger-side tire is LOW.", so I figured if a stranger thought it was a problem, that I should probably fix it.
Well, too bad that I'm completely incompetent when it comes to anything pertaining to cars. I drove into the parking lot and up the air machine, and for some reason, didn't see the button on the machine that you're supposed to push to start up the compressor. Well, I attempted to fill my tire without the machine on, because I don't know what I'm doing, and I ended up making the tire even flatter. So, in a panic, I called my dad, because I didn't know what else to do. He suggested that I go inside and ask for assistance. So, I did. I had to wait about 5 minutes for a man named Dave to come up from the back, and the cashier, Dave and I ventured out into the 40 degree weather to figure out what I was doing wrong. Well, as I mentioned before, I hadn't pushed the button. So, that was obviously the first step. Weelllll, apparently those air compressors need time to warm up soooo we stood around for another 10 minutes, waiting for the compressor to be ready to use, and we finally got the tire back up the pressure that it was when I pulled into the parking lot, and I was already 15 minutes late for work, so I thanked Dave for his help, and explained to him that I had to go to work, and that I would make another attempt later after I got off work. ughhhh frustration...
Bad thing was, I forgot that I had a mandatory staff meeting to attend at 5:30 this evening...and it was 2 hours long. Needless to say, my back tire is still low....mostly because after my staff meeting, my first priority was going to the PX and getting dry food for my Peaches. She ate the last of it yesterday, and had to go a WHOLE night without food in her bowl. Poor, neglected cat! lol. She's completely spoiled rotten!!

Anywho, Peaches is nice and fed, and I'm not completely sure I'm going to be able to sleep tonight...my hubby still hasn't gotten online night...am I irrationally worried about this? Of course, it's what I do.
Ok, I'm going to at least turn off my lights and watch some tv.
Here's hoping that you all sleep a lot better than I will!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment