Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 66: A Saturday in the Middle of the Week

Today was another good day. I woke up at 7:15, and got ready to go to my Brigade Reintegration Briefing. I was actually quite excited once I left the meeting. It was reassuring to be talking about Redeployment happening within the next month or so! I was so giddy after the meeting, actually, that I almost forgot that I had to drive over to work to fill out my employee satisfaction survey...which ended up only taking about 5-10 minutes to complete. After all that nonsense, I went back home to get my parents so that we could go to the PX and look at lawnmowers. I really wanted my dad to help me buy a lawnmower, because I really have no idea what to look for in a lawnmower, so his opinion was very helpful. We ended up getting a Poulen Pro (spelling?), and my dad put it together for me, and taught me how to fill it with gas, prime the engine, and finally, how to start the engine and push the mower. I feel a little embarrassed that I am only just now learning these basic life skills, but I've never had to worry about mowing a lawn. Hopefully I don't have to mow TOO many times before Kent gets home, because the little practice run that I did didn't really go that well...hahaha

It was crazy, though. Today kept feeling like a Saturday, and I kept getting upset that I have to go into work tomorrow, because it's so strange to me to have a day off in the middle of the week! Ridiculous.

For dinner, we fixed my absolute favorite dinner of all time--Spaghetti Pie, which is basically baked spaghetti for those of you that have not had the privilege to experience it first hand. I love this week because I can cook actual meals, and there's not a zillion helpings leftover! Not that we don't have any leftovers...but that's alright, I'll eat them next week when I'm alone again. :(
Then, my parents challenged me to a game of Scrabble. And I WON! AND I used all of my tiles in one turn and spelled "strained", earning myself 92 points for one turn. Remarkably, my mom was only like 3 points behind me at the end, though. After the first game, we had a re-match, and I won again! It was just a good night for my brain I guess!! hahaha
Good times. Ok. bed.
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment